Caretaker Landscape loves giving back to the community by supporting local charities.
On January 17th, we held our inaugural “All In” for Kids Charity Poker Tournament for Brokers for Kids. Brokers for Kids is a year-long contest involving valley commercial real estate teams in a fundraising drive that culminates with the Brokers for Kids Olympiad. The main recipient for this fundraising drive is Boys Hope Girls Hope.
The VIP Poker Tournament was ran by Valentino Luna, along with a couple of other team members from Pioneer Poker League. The charity poker tournament was held at Caretaker Landscape’s corporate office in Gilbert.
“All In” for Kids Poker Tournament Winners:
1st Place winner was Brandon Francione from Ivy Trucking. Brandon won cash, a $1000 gift certificate to Christopher Diamonds, golf bag and coffee mug from Hunter/FX, polos from Shirtail, pullover from Ewing, $50 Cork gift certificate, VIP Suns Experience Package for two (2), a bottle of Cruz Tequila, movie passes from Granite Express, Waste Management Phoenix Open Tickets, cigars and gift card from Fox Cigar Bar, Lifetime Fitness Membership, Cross Fit Membership, Discount Cab gift certificate, Antigua gym bag and more!
The other 9 winners also walked away with prizes.
2nd Place – Sam Pitassi, VP of Searer, Robbins & Stephens Inc.
3rd Place – Greg Winget, Waste Management
4th Place – Jake Ray, Ewing Irrigation
5th Place – Hayden Park, HotFoot Recruiters
6th Place – Tammy Emrick
7th Place – Adrian Evarkiou, Helio Real Estate
8th Place – Marc Vasquez, Trestle Management
9th Place – Christopher McGuire, Lighthouse Management
Biggest Loser’s Table Winner – Jim Baska, Trestle Management
For the Biggest Loser’s Table, the first 10 people to go “All In” and be taken out were given the opportunity to either re-buy or take a spot at the loser’s table.
Thank you to Brandon Ivy and Greg Winget for donating $100 each back to our fundraising efforts.
Thank you to all our sponsors, Ewing Irrigation, HotFoot Recruiters, the Caretaker Landscape Team, friends and families for making “All In” for Kids such a HUGE success! We could not have done this without your support!!!
• A-Z Rental Equipment for donating the tables, chairs, heaters and bar
• “Stay Hot” S’more’s station & 4 pairs of Suns tickets for the tournament winners courtesy of HotFoot Recruiters
• Stocked bar full of cocktails, beer and wine courtesy of David Fliger with Chao
• Paloma’s courtesy of Pep Katcher with Cruz Tequila
• La Flor Dominicana Cigars blended exclusively for Fox Cigar Bar
• HefeWeizen and Devil’s Ale courtesy of San Tan Brewing Company
• Promotional items and Biggest Loser Winner bag courtesy of Jake Phelps with shirtail
• Water bottles, landscape event lighting, fire pit stations courtesy of Ewing
• Tom Mandarino with DKC Electric low voltage lights
• Specialty coffee courtesy of It’s a Grind Coffee House
• Gourmet Grilled Cheese from The Grilled Cheese Truck
• Professional photography courtesy of Tiffany Allen and Phileo Photography
• 3 pairs of VIP Suns Experience tickets courtesy of Chris Fraterrigo witth The Phoenix Suns
• $1000 gift certificate courtesy of Christopher Diamonds
• Waste Management Open Tickets courtesy of Paul Kerr with Granite Express & Mike Gary with Waste Management
In addition, thank you to all our partners, friends, families, HotFoot Recruiters, Caretaker Landscape and Ewing Irrigation who did SO much to help us host our first charity poker event.
- Hayden Park with HotFoot Recruiters for inspiring the poker night
- Matt White with Caretaker Landscape for giving us free reign to have the event at our corporate office
- Dan Trudeau, Juan Gomez, Pat Lynch, Eric Watson, Chris Howell, Andy Scaletta, Jack Nesteruck and David McQuillan with Caretaker Landscape, JJ Markell, Donnie Caldwell, Roger Ramsey and Dennis Kinton with Ewing Irrigation for overseeing and transforming our backyard into a casino for a poker tournament and assisting with the tear down
- Roy Palomo, Steve Nelson and Steven Lindsey with HotFoot Recruiters for Stay Hot” S’more’s station
- Andrea Neece with Starwood Hotels & Resorts for manning the “Stay Hot” S’mores station
- Chris Sinacori, JJ Markell and Donnie Caldwell with Ewing Irrigation for assisting with donations and planning the event
- Tyler Freeman for bartending
- Linda Lesterson with HotFoot Recruiters, Tara Trainor, Nicholle Kramer and Jordann Farinella with Caretaker Landscape for preparing an appetizer or dessert tray
- Todd Schneider with Caretaker Landscape for music set up
- Tara Trainor, Jana Baldwin and Michelle Phelps with Caretaker Landscape for selling raflle tickets
- Tina Rehberg and Nicholle Kramer with Caretaker Landscape for manning the coffee and cigar bar station
- Jordann Farinella, Cherie Koester and Michelle Phelps with Caretaker Landscape for event preparation, donation gathering and inspirational tournament ideas
- Jordann Farinella, Tara Trainor and Cindy Davis for assisting with items needed for the event
- Lori Stewart with Caretaker Landscape for donation collection assistance
- Jordann Farinella for being the last woman standing with Dena Jones at the end of the night, assisted with clean up and made sure our guests got home safely in a cab
- All of our partners, friends and family who played in the tournament, attended the event and/or purchased raffle tickets
Also, a HUGE thank you to our guest speakers, Mia and Brianda with Boys Hope Girls Hope, for sharing with us the impact that Boys Hope Girls Hope has made in their lives. “Without Boys Hope Girls Hope, college would not have been an option,” said Brianda. Brianda recently received acceptance and scholarships to four (4) universities.
Last but certainly not least, thank you Mike Coy, 2014 Brokers for Kids Chairman for speaking on behalf of the Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club. “The clubs foundation has one objective and that is to support children’s charities,” said Coy. By hosting special events, this non-profit club draws the community together to raise funds for and to educate our citizens about the financial, medical, and emotional needs of Arizona’s children. The Club provides young adults with an opportunity to impact the community by improving the quality of life for special needs children while fostering personal growth, friendships, networking skills and leadership development.
If you want to make a difference and support Caretaker Landscape’s fundraising efforts, you can purchase raffle tickets for the chance to win one (1) of three (3) Toyota Vehicles or opt out for $15,000 cash.
Tickets are one (1) for $25 or six (6) for $100. You do not need to be present to win. The drawing will be held on Friday, February 7, 2014 at Tempe Beach Park.
You can purchase tickets by clicking on Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club. In the Referrer section, please be sure to select Caretaker Landscape, so we can personally thank you for your donation.
“One never stands so tall as when kneeling to help a child.”
With much, much appreciation,
Dena Jones & Mischelle (Arreca) White, Brokers for Kids Team Captains